Home Made Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
Julie Fergus recently posted this photo on her Instagram page, telling everyone on world wide web that Mercy Hill Farm fresh eggs are the best in town. Shown here, one of the pretty pale blue shelled Araucana eggs, about to become delicious home-made Caesar Salad dressing. We’ve included the recipe here as well.
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 T raw wine vinegar
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T finely grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 anchovy filets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and mashed
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce
- 4-6 anchovy fillets
Recipe credit: Nourishing Traditions Cookbook by Sally Fallon
It’s springtime in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. The snowpiles are melting and giving way to early blooming flowers like crocus and daffodil, a welcome, colorful change.
This was partly the motivation for this salad, that and trying to find a satisfying gluten free, dairy free lunch. It also happens to be vegan and very tasty!
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, chopped
- 1 med. sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbspns finely chopped red onion
- 1 red and 1 green jalapeño, finely chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsn fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Steam the sweet potato chunks until tender. Then toss all the ingredients together until the lime juice has coated everything.
Serve on a sunny porch with some calypso music playing and think about warmer weather coming real soon!
You might also enjoy this article:
19 Science-backed Health Benefits of Pineapple by Helen Nichols