This is a very satisfying gluten free, dairy free, vegan dish full of flavor and zip.
- 6oz package rice noodles
- 1/4c extra light olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 chiles, finely chopped
- 8- 10 napa cabbage leaves, finely shredded
- 4oz bean sprouts
- 1/4c gluten free tamari
- Juice of two limes
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4oz raw, unsalted cashews, chopped
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan according to the package. Drain and transfer to a bowl if cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic, ginger, onions, and chiles. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add the cabbage and bean sprouts and stir briefly.
- Drain noodles well and add to wok. Toss gently then add tamari, lime juice, scallion, and cashews. Mix well. Serve immediately. Use chopsticks!
Don & Karen Perkins – Local Foodie Farmers in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire